I have been called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Philippines Cauayan Mission. This blog is managed by my parents. If you would like to contact them, you can email at lindalarson1598@gmail.com

Monday, March 10, 2014

Journal Entry 5.2S (Advanced Version)

Good afternoon friends. Tomorrow marks 6 months since I said goodbye to beloved Pleasant Grove and it is hard to believe so much time has passed already. As for this week here in the Angadanan, the work went really well. On both Saturday and Sunday, we had a lot of members working with us and were able to do 'splits' with them, essentially doubling the amount of work getting done in our area, with Elder De Guzman working in one neighborhood and me in another. Every member a missionary! It was also good practice for me since I was the one leading and teaching the bulk of the lessons.

I don't know if I have mentioned this yet or not, but one of the big problems for us lately has been that after we have a great lesson with investigators or less actives and they commit to coming to church, but then Sunday rolls around and they don't show up. I guess the only thing we can do is to keep inviting and keep praying for them. However, we did at least have two investigators at church yesterday. I'm hoping we can keep making progression with all our investigators though and that this will be a number that we can increase.

Some random thoughts lately...I hear plenty of American music. But this week was the first time that I have heard a Macklemore song since I have been here in the Philippines. Also, at one house we visited, they were watching 'Fairly Oddparents'. It made me reflect on how chill old school Nickelodeon was. I was a little sad to hear we lost in the Finals to Lone Peak, but keep your heads up boys! You are still all unreal young men and winners in my heart!

I'm so happy for Melissa entering the MTC this week. So proud of ya cuz! Good luck Em on the farewell talk this Sunday. You will do great! And lastly, Happy Birthday to my dear friend Mark 'Charles' Sheffield. You are truly an inspiration buddy. And to the rest of you..ituloy ninyo na maging masaya! Mahal kita. (Keep being happy. I luv y'all)

No comments:

Post a Comment