I have been called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Philippines Cauayan Mission. This blog is managed by my parents. If you would like to contact them, you can email at lindalarson1598@gmail.com

Monday, July 28, 2014

Charity

Two weeks ago, I said that charity is the Christlike attribute that I wanted to strive to develop. Well right now, I want to focus a little more on that. What exactly is charity? In Moroni 7:45, we are given a pretty good description: "And Charity suffereth long, and is kind, and envieth not, and is not puffed up, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil, and rejoiceth not in iniquity but rejoiceth in the truth, beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things." In 1 Corinthians Chapter 13, we are also told that if we have every quality there is and we have not charity, we are nothing. I feel like I've always been a pretty nice guy, but charity is more than just that. It is sincerely loving people for their unique and individual selves and despite their weaknesses. (As I am typing this, my charity and love is being put to the test because I am sitting in an internet cafe with dozens of teenage boys shouting as loud as they can at their computer screen. But I still love them.....)

Anyways, yesterday at church, I think I counted probably 12 in attendance from the San Pablo area. And I would say that's actually pretty solid. Unfortunately, however, our investigator Anne was not one of those twelve. But we did have two good lessons with her this past week so hopefully next Sunday.

Elder Sison and I are still doing well. Because of the struggles we we have been having in the area, I think that discourages him a little bit and so there are times I feel like the effort we give is only average, instead of our full potential. But as a little incentive to hopefully boost our motivation a bit, I told him that if we reach our goal of lessons this next week that I would treat him to a free lunch to any restaurant that he wanted. As I said last week, the work and our situation here in San Pablo is definitely different than what I was accustomed to in my first two areas. However, I think that the harder we work-instead of just going through motions-the easier it will be to find success. Peace wit it till next week!

Pictures: After zone meeting this last Tuesday, we ate at a burger place that had a deal that I think is kind of similar to the Chubby's Challenge. Finish a HUGE burger (that is like the equivalent of four) in thirteen minutes or less and you've got yourself a free meal. Our Polynesian friend Elder Paea barely failed and had to pay 500 pesos (like 12 dollars) but our ZL Elder Cousin tackled the challenge and earned himself a free lunch.

 Elder Paea

Elder Cousin

No comments:

Post a Comment