I have been called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Philippines Cauayan Mission. This blog is managed by my parents. If you would like to contact them, you can email at lindalarson1598@gmail.com

Monday, March 16, 2015

Makin' it Nasty

I'm already in my 5th area now! How weird is that?! Tuesday-My last day in Solano- we met up with Elder Glassie and his companion and had a 'last supper' lunch at Mrs. Bakers (the best restaurant in the mission because it's actually American quality) and then we returned to Villaverde and I said goodbye to all the members.

Farewell Villaverde!

As for my new area, I have been called to be a Zone Leader here in Roxas Zone--A lot of missionaries have gone home over the last few cycles and not enough have come in to replace them so it seems like our mission has been shrinking a lot lately haha. Here in Roxas, there are only fourteen missionaries (10 elders, 4 sisters) so that's pretty small but it's a fun bunch I guess. Elder Pawin (my housemate for three cycles in Angadanan) is here and so is Elder Cruzit (we were the same ward in San Pablo and he's one of the funniest guys in this mission).

As for my new companion, I finally got my long-hoped-for wish of having a Poly comp! Elder Lavelua is from New Zealand but he is mostly Tongan. He's 21 years old, has been in the field one cycle longer than I have and this is his 3rd cycle as a Zone Leader. I think he's got to be one of the strongest guys in the mission but he's a way nice dude and really laid-back so I think it's gonna be a pretty fun cycle. I've already got my monthly pass to the gym that's close to our apartment and we have gone there almost every night after we have finished our proselyting hahaha. #getbig

Watch out everyone: We're both on scholarship for rugby!

This is the first time that I've actually been assigned in an actual city so that's a bit different, but our area is wayyy big so there's also some parts that are a whole lot of bukid (field). It is a branch here (Roxas 2nd Branch) but I think the sacrament attendance is around 100 or so, which is another big difference between here and Villaverde. We have a baptism coming up this Saturday so that'll be the first time that I have come into an area and someone is already ready to go.

Oh yeah, the sisters from my MTC batch just went home last week so that's kinda weird. I also found out that my anak, Elder Aguilar, got called to be a District Leader so that was kind of surprising but I was way pumped for him! Hopefully he will also train soon so that I can have a grandson in the mission haha! Like I said, we went to Banaue last Monday so here's a few extra pics. Have a good week everyone!

The old Ifugao women have a little too much swag

Chillin' like a villain

That sunrise tho 

The new crew

No comments:

Post a Comment