I have been called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Philippines Cauayan Mission. This blog is managed by my parents. If you would like to contact them, you can email at lindalarson1598@gmail.com

Saturday, October 5, 2013

A week in the Life of a Wild DL


Ano ang mabuti mga tao? (What is good people) It's been a fun week and each one seems to go by quicker than the last. I have never gone without eating from 6:30 A.M-5:30 P.M so my first Fast Sunday was kind of interesting. I ended up putting down 4 plates of chicken cordon bleu. I must say that I was pretty proud of myself, although I'm sure Elder Lee and Elder Reber probably could pound a lot more than that.

Anyways, just when we were getting settled in at West Campus, the MTC decided to throw some more changes at us and our district got split up. As a result, I got called to be the new District Leader. We all thought that was kind of funny because I have been lit up by President Anderson a few times. One time when he visited our class and was telling us something and he asked me a question but I had already started to doze off. Another time I wore the wrong pants with my suit coat and he noticed. Then ten minutes before he announced that I would be the DL, I was actually wearing Elder Wright's name tag and I got called out on it. Lulz. I promise I am not always in trouble though haha. And President Anderson is such a cool guy too. But here I am as a new DL so even though we are now two separate districts, we are still one family because we have grown so close together. Dalawa mga districto-Isa pamilya. Two districts-One family.
 
 
I always look forward to General Conference so I'm pumped that we get to listen to the prophet and his apostles this weekend. I think it will be such an amazing experience to hear all the talks while we are here at the MTC! I would strongly recommend for everyone else to watch because there's not much better stuff you could be doing than listening to the word of God!
 
Another good story that happened yesterday is that I concocted a potion (like what we would do during lunch at the junior high) and it consisted of chocolate milk, raspberry lemonade, salt, pepper, zucchini and ham. We went around in a circle playing 'what are the odds' which is like a dare game, and Geezy ended up having to drink it. Well we made kind of a big scene and then the cafeteria president came over and started demanding some questions and then Elder Wright ended up having to take the blame but it was a pretty funny experience.

I started reading Jesus The Christ and that book blows my mind it is so good. Elder St. Gelais and I also restarted the Book of Mormon the other day. After our Sunday night devotional, we watched Joseph Smith: Prophet of the Restoration. He is seriously the biggest stud!

The language is still getting better every day, but far from good. The lessons we teach to the 'investigators' are getting longer and tougher because they expect more (yesterday we taught the Plan of Salvation for like 30 minutes in straight Tagalog) but the Spirit is still strong as ever and the gift of tongues is always present. I love you all. Have a good conference weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment