I have been called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Philippines Cauayan Mission. This blog is managed by my parents. If you would like to contact them, you can email at lindalarson1598@gmail.com

Saturday, October 19, 2013

See Ya Later 'Murrica

Another week down at the MTC and we are heading out of here early Monday Morning. I have developed such close bonds with so many people here so it will be tough when we all have to part our separate ways, but I seriously can not wait to get to the Philippines and finally join everyone out in the fields. My Tagalog is alright I think but there is no denying the fact that in my first week, I will probably be having some Elder Calhoun moments: "This is not the language that they taught me in the MTC." It will be incredible once all the homies have reunited and we watch The Best Two Years together!

On our last Tuesday night devotional, we finally got the opportunity for a member of the Quorum of the Twelve to speak to us here at the MTC. Dallin H. Oaks came and he gave a great talk. As soon as he walked in the door, the Spirit was overwhelming. Considering conference was just a week and a half earlier, I guess you could say we have been given a lot of good revelation and guidance lately!
 
If I remember correctly, PGHS is having Sadies today so I hope everyone has a good time at that. This last week, I added 'The Spongebob' to my dance move arsenal. It is too bad that it took me this long to realize that I had it up my sleeve. Everyone is also very impressed me with my Zoolander dance (the arm and hip thing that the drill team always does. Huge shoutout to them for teaching me because I have finally gotten very fast at it and now I'm teaching most of our branch haha).
 
The other day we are the creamery and the worker was updating us on all the sports news and it's crazy how far behind I felt and I have only been gone 6 weeks. After 2 years, I will probably come back to things I haven't even heard of! The Philippines is going to be a whole different experience than anythng I'm used to, but I could not be more pumped to share the amazing message that this gospel has to offer to the wonderful people in the area of Cauayan. I don't know if any of you guys have heard, but Cebu was recently hit with a really big earthquake and there is a rumor that we won't have electricity for the first little bit once we get there. If I skip a week of emails, that is the reason but I would still love to hear from everyone for when I am able to get on. Stuff is about to get real as I'm finna dippin' the U.S.A. Keep Utah under control as I chuck up my deuces. I love you all!
 
 Our hecka chill teacher Brother Ward

No comments:

Post a Comment