I have been called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Philippines Cauayan Mission. This blog is managed by my parents. If you would like to contact them, you can email at lindalarson1598@gmail.com

Sunday, October 13, 2013

The Forgotten Guinea Pigs

Kumusta mga kaibigan ko! (Hello my friends) I hope everyone enjoyed Conference as much as I did! I don't know how to explain it but it is definitely true that is such a good experience to watch it while you are in the MTC. This gospel is such a marvelous work and you can tell that these men have been called of God. There were so many good messages shared and I think the Sunday Morning session may have been my favorite of all time! I also really enjoyed the talk in the priesthood session by Dieter F. Uchtdorf. When we have fallen, there will be times when we think we can't get up. However, always remember those encouraging words that 'we can do it' and the Lord will always be ready to help you. As a side note for those who went to the Priesthood Session, am I the only one who thought that choir sounded like they came straight from the cast of Newsies?
 
Anyways, we got our flight plans yesterday and that was kind of a big MTC milestone. Yesterday marked the month anniversary from our arrival and we will be heading out in a little over a week! I am so excited to get there, but at the same time, the reality and nervousness is starting to kick in because even though the Tagalog is still improving, once we get out there it's going to be a whole new story. Our flight plans land us in Seattle, Washington and Tokyo, Japan before we get to the Philippines, so that will be tight to see some of my 'native homies'.
 
G Squad at the world famous map. I'm going to Alaska btw, ha ha.
 
Remember how I introduced Dirty Nel and said there would be a lot of stories in the near future? Well, this week he shaved his legs in a striped formation and also has somehow pulled out large wads of lint from his belly button on consecutive days. He definitely solidified the meaning of his nickname as Dirty Nel. What would we do without the guy? On Wednesday, we also had our heavyweight title wrestling match. The picture displayed seems suitable to be the headline photo of WrestleMania, but Krutsch pinned him in like 35 seconds. It was pretty epic though. We have some good times at the apartment.
 
Captain Krutsch vs. Dirty Nel - Heavyweight Title
 
Also, as to the reason for the title, we found out that we are getting moved BACK to Main Campus this Tuesday. This means we will have to pack and unpack for the second time here at the MTC, before we head out the following Monday. I am not sure who is even charge of this department and although I don't mind the move because I liked Main Campus better, it's just a little frustrating that they just kind of ship us around. Although it is probably not their intent and more a matter of their convenience, the only option we have is to look at this as another learning experience. Hopefully everyone back home has not forgotten about me, although I sometimes feel that is the case haha. You all still certainly have a special place in my heart though and if I were to give any advice, especially for those seeking to serve a mission, I would say go to the temple as much as you can. It's really such an amazing place to be. Also study Preach My Gospel and the scriptures, especially the Book of Mormon. I love you all so much. Thank you for your the prayers and support you give. Alam ko po na totoo ang simbahan ni Jesucristo. Mahal kita!

No comments:

Post a Comment