I have been called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Philippines Cauayan Mission. This blog is managed by my parents. If you would like to contact them, you can email at lindalarson1598@gmail.com

Monday, February 10, 2014

It's a Date

So this week I will jump right into things. Tuesday, we had a great District Meeting about the importance of prayer. We mentioned that one of the many things we can pray for as missionaries is our investigators. This is something that I was doing already for the most part, but after our meeting, I really focused on praying for them specifically as individuals and what they specifically need. The immediate results amazed me: Sister Agustin has been a little hesitant in the decision process for baptism for quite some time. Each time we talked to her about it, she says she will let us know when she is ready. After Tuesday, I would pray for things specifically relevant to her-such as her gaining the knowledge of the importance of baptism, feeling the truth and spirit, having the desire, that we could help her with these things, etc; Then after our lesson with her on Saturday, something clicked and she said she felt ready. We set up a baptismal date for March 15th. Yesterday, we extended the invitation to the Paggao family for March 15 also, but for them, we can only continue this depending on their church attendance.

Splits with our DL Elder Bangal on Wednesday went great. Something I enjoy about splits in general, is that I can learn something new from each missionary, because everyone is different. Also, since Elder Bangal and I have become such good friends, we had a lot of fun while we were working as well. One of the members we visited even said that we should be permanent companions. If that happens in the future, that will be incredible. 

By the way, if anyone hasn't seen the movie 'The Testaments: Of One Fold and One Shepherd', then I would highly suggest watching it. We have like half the lines in the movie memorized. It's incredible haha. 

Well, hope everyone has a good Valentines Day. However, also remember that we should be showing our love to everyone all the time and not just our special someone on one day. I'm proud of all my young friends who are working on their mission papers and am excited to see where everyone gets called to! Hopefully some homies can join me out here in the Philippines! Love you all. Farewell my friends.

P.S-I had some good pictures for the week but my card is experiencing technical difficulties right now. So... pasensiya. Hopefully next week I can send them.

No comments:

Post a Comment