I have been called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Philippines Cauayan Mission. This blog is managed by my parents. If you would like to contact them, you can email at lindalarson1598@gmail.com

Monday, February 17, 2014

XOXO (V Day Shoutouts)

Has it really been 3 months already since my Thanksgiving shoutouts? Time continues to fly out here and in the spirit of the season of love, I think it's time for a few more S/Os. We can start with sports: I heard the big news about PG beating Lone Peak this last week and I'm so proud of my boys! If only they could have the 6th man in the stands, but it sounds like they are playing unreal! Pie, Matthew, Chuck--keep up the good work. And this is a little late, but can I get a holler for the Seahawks? You don't have to believe us, but me and Jake MacDaddy can vouch for each other that we have always been fans! Also thank you to my dear father Dave and his weekly updates.

S/O to Charles for finally writing me a heartfelt message. About time haha. S/O to Coxy for getting his mission call. The first of many that will soon come. I am seriously so pumped for all you seniors to start getting your calls! And lastly to Maxwell Ferrin and Brittney McArthur....You make me proud. 

Thank you to my wonderful grandparents and also the Berndt family for the packages a while back. Not counting people, there is not much more I miss about home than Taco Bell. I will definitely be hitting that up plenty in about a year and a half. Perhaps the picture can help describe how much we enjoyed this heavenly meal.

I <3 Tacos - my mom sent some ingredients for them

As for things here in the Philippines, well yesterday our branch had to resort to me as the pianist during sacrament meeting. Let's just say, I wish I would not have quit so early. Stay in school kids-even for musical instruments. I also gave the lesson in our Single Adults Class, but that was actually not too bad.

For an update on our investigators, the lessons at the Paggaos (tatay, nanay, 17 year old Jazel and some of her friends) always go really well and they have shown the desire they want to be baptized, but except for Jazel they have not been to church, so we will not be able to continue their date for March 15. Also Sister Agustin has still been hesitant about everything. I am hoping we can help her feel truly ready by March 15, but I guess only time can tell right now.

I didn't have a significant other to spend my Valentines Day with (although on several occasions the Filipino kids have asked me if I have a wife...) but I can tell you that I love sports, tacos, all my friends on missions and their examples, and my family and friends back at home and their support. And I love being a missionary with the opportunity to share this wonderful gospel. Through it, we can achieve the greatest love of all-eternal love-living together forever with our families and our Heavenly Father. Love you all.

Chillin' on the rooftop with Elder Bangal

No comments:

Post a Comment