I have been called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Philippines Cauayan Mission. This blog is managed by my parents. If you would like to contact them, you can email at lindalarson1598@gmail.com

Monday, August 18, 2014

Life as a Parent

I did it everyone. I have successfully given birth. It's a boy and I have decided to name him Elder Aguilar. You are all invited to the baby shower! :) Anyways, my new companion is 18 years old (I'm finally older than someone! By precisely 6 months, to be exact) and is from Bicol (under Legasbi Mission). To save time and effort, I will just attach my LTP for you guys to let you know how things are going:
Fresh from the MTC, Elder Aguilar has brought that strong spirit into the mission field. On Wednesday, we didn't get back until 6:00 but we were able to get out and get a lesson in and we also ended the week with 15 total lessons, which is the actually the most I have achieved since being here in San Pablo. He is still in the early stages of adjusting to missionary life, but he has been well prepared for this calling. He makes my job as a trainer easy because he is obedient to all my instruction, but he already seems to be pretty comfortable in his teaching and knowledge of the lessons, so I don't have to do a lot of correcting. Once again, I'm very grateful for the opportunity to be training and helping pave the way for a new missionary; I know that even though I have been in the field a lot longer, I will still be able to learn a lot from our companionship.


Some good news for this last week is that we taught one of our investigators, Anne, about baptism. She really seemed to understand the importance of this saving ordinance and have a desire to be baptized, so we extended her a baptismal invitation and she accepted. She hasn't been to church yet (or for quite a while at least), but I hope that with a goal date set, this is something that will give her a little bit of a boost for her and help motivate her to come to church and keep other commitments. And that's all I've got for now. Love you all! Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment