I have been called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Philippines Cauayan Mission. This blog is managed by my parents. If you would like to contact them, you can email at lindalarson1598@gmail.com

Monday, October 6, 2014

Keeping Things Real

What's up guys? Well this last Wednesday we had a training meeting in Cauayan for all the newly called leaders. So Tuesday night we (as well as Elder Kocherhans who is also a new DL, and his companion Elder Glassie, who is one of my best homies here in the zone. Refer to last week to see pictures of them) slept at the Zone Leaders apartment so that we could travel together Wednesday morning. As you might have guessed, this was just a good opportunity to play Scum all night, which is a classic pastime here in the mission.
 
The meeting itself was pretty good. We just did some workshops and received some training about how to be a more effective leader. And of course, everyone's favorite part...Lunch! It was all-you-can-eat Greenwich pizza (this is like the Pizza Hut of the Philippines) and it was rather scrumptious I must say. Then it was another ride back to Tuguegarao and by the time we got there, it was already night time so we just slept at the ZLs again. Oh yeah, they also have a shower head at their apartment and even though the water was still cold, I definitely enjoyed getting away from the bucket showers that I've had to get used to. I will just clip on my LTP to close things off:
All the companionships in my district are still doing pretty good. Two weeks ago, as a district, we combined to have only eight member present lessons so I thought this was something that we could really focus on and my District Meeting this last week was on the importance of working with members and I challenged them that if we could achieve 20 Member Present lessons as a district, then I would buy chips and salsa for our next district meeting. I guess that really seemed to inspire them because this last week we achieved 29 and it looks like tomorrow I'll be treating my district.

The work here in San Pablo is also going really well. Yesterday there was probably close to 30 people from our area who attended church, which is by far the most that have attended church since I've been there. Among them were four investigators and three less actives from the same family that became "returning members". One of those investigators, LetLet, has now met the requirement of coming to church 4 times and I have really seen her make a lot of progression in these last several weeks. Now we're just focusing on wrapping up all the lessons and making sure she has a strong testimony of all the things we have been teaching her, and then I think she will be ready for her baptismal date which is later this month.

Hope everyone enjoyed their conference weekend. You're going to have to wait a week to get my input on it. Happy Birthday shout-outs to one of my best buddies Jake Robley, my goon brother, and also to my dear grandpa. Hope you all had great days and to everyone else, well, it's October now, so you can start making preparations for Halloween while people in here are still listening to Christmas music already. Farewell my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment