I have been called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Philippines Cauayan Mission. This blog is managed by my parents. If you would like to contact them, you can email at lindalarson1598@gmail.com

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Week in the Life as DL...Again

So this last Thursday we had zone conference, which is something we have once every quarter of the year and I always look forward to because I really enjoy listening to President and Sister Rahlf talk and I learn a lot from them every time they speak to us--The topics they spoke about were the attributes of helping us to become successful missionaries, the importance of obedience, and also about the story when Jesus was tempted three times by Satan. 

We also had some breakout sessions, split into teams for some 'Minute to Win It' games and of course-lunch made by the legendary Brother Pete, who is just an old American dude who just travels all over the Philippines by himself and buys carrabao belts and stuff to sell to missionaries and always cooks for us at events like this. He is the man! I'll have to get a picture with him next time. And lastly, we had a testimony meeting and I actually bore my testimony for the first time at a Zone Conference. It felt rather nice I'd say.

We had splits with the Cabagan elders on Friday and I worked with Elder Monilla in our area of San Pablo. He is Filipino but grew up in Saudi Arabia so he speaks perfect English. Since we are in the same ward, we see each other a lot at church, dinner appointments with the members, and other stuff, but Elder Monilla is a way cool guy and also a very good teacher so I really enjoyed our splits.


We got fed lunch after Church. (Elder Monilla is bottom left)

And then on Saturday we attended the baptism for the family that I had interviewed last week. Nanay wanted me to baptize her so that was pretty sweet and then I had a few more baptismal interviews to do...Life as District Leader has been pretty busy but I think it's a lot of fun so I really enjoy it.

I was sorry to hear about Grandpa but I am grateful for the knowledge that we have of the plan of salvation, which is a key doctrinal lesson that we as missionaries teach to others. Some people look at death as some way mad thing but I know I will see my Grandpa again and that he is in a better place. I love you Grandpa, rest in peace! And for Grandma and the rest of the fam...hope you're all doing good. I'll keep you guys in my prayers. Have a good week! Love you all!

We bought matching ties


No comments:

Post a Comment