I have been called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Philippines Cauayan Mission. This blog is managed by my parents. If you would like to contact them, you can email at lindalarson1598@gmail.com

Monday, November 10, 2014

Hellos, Goodbyes & Eating Bugs Fried

So I kind of messed up sending a few of the pictures last week. I will try again now...Anyways, my last day in San Pablo was your typical last day of walking around saying goodbye to everyone. It's a little weird seeing people for the last time after you have been with them for the past several months but that's life here in the mission. One family did surprise us by feeding us an exotic final dinner because I am always telling them how I want to try exotic food but nobody ever gives it to us, so for my last night they fed us fried baby beatles haha. The taste was kind of meaty but also had some sort of peanut-like flavor but it was actually pretty good.

 Dinner is served?
 
Masurap! (Delicious)

As far as my new area, I am in Villaverde. It is in Solano Zone so I went from the top part of the mission to the bottom and we spent all of Wednesday travelling. We go to church in a meetinghouse and apparently the sacrament attendance is only around like 10-20 but I haven't witnessed that firsthand yet because we had district conference this past weekend. The area is very pretty though and a really big climate change from Tuguegarao--I even have to use a blanket while I sleep now haha.

My companion is Elder Costacio from Cavite and is actually my batch as well. He is 20 years old, the first companion I've had since my tatay who also plays basketball and also a good cook, so I may be putting on a few extra pounds this cycle...He is a nice guy and very laid-back, but perhaps maybe a little too laid-back...I feel like our first few days together we didn't accomplish too much from a work standpoint but we'll see how this week goes. 

My district is four sisters and four elders, just like my last one. It consists solely of trainers (including Sister Jensen from my batch who is the only one I have met previously) and their kids so our first district meeting on Thursday was kind of quiet but hopefully that will get better as we become more comfortable with one another.

So that's where I am at. Transfers always mean adjustments but hopefully I can get settled in here. S/O to the volleyball team for taking state the third time in a row. I am pretty sure that all started back in the day with the SIXTH MAN (a.k.a: us). Also S/O to the Utah Jazz for probably not going to have the best year but beating the Cavs for like the fifth year in a row that LeBron hasn't won in Utah. That started back in the day with Sundiata Gaines. (Most people that would understand and cherish that moment with me are not going to be reading this because they are also on their missions, but anyways...) enough talking on my part. Have a good week everyone!

 Final lunch at Fat Kid
Elder Glassie, Sis. Frame, Sis. Saragoza, me

Horse carriage ride on the way home from church last Sunday

Last pic before we hit the road

No comments:

Post a Comment