I have been called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Philippines Cauayan Mission. This blog is managed by my parents. If you would like to contact them, you can email at lindalarson1598@gmail.com

Monday, January 19, 2015

Sup?

Hey guys! Well this week has been kind of up and down for us-We taught more lessons and had more 'finding efforts' than we have had since I have been here in Villaverde. So that is good; The only problem is our investigators still haven't really been progressing and most the other people that we have talked to either say they already have a religion or they don't really seem interested...

But I know we just gotta keep trying and those blessings will come. I am often reminded of Jeffrey R. Holland's seminar to mission presidents (I may have shared this with you guys before but I don't remember) in which he basically said that we can't expect missionary work to be a walk in the park because things were never easy for Jesus Christ. So we must labor diligently with all our might because 'salvation is not a cheap experience.' 

So even though sometimes I feel we aren't having a lot of success, even though there are times that will be hard...I still am so grateful for the opportunity to be a missionary sharing this gospel and there's nothing else I'd rather be doing right now. I love you all. Thank you always for the support and prayers in my behalf. Have a nice week all!

A medium-sized chair 

Nametag pic: We took quite the hike to contact an inactive guy who we've never met BUT he wasn't home. But at least it made for a nice picture. That is our area from a rather long ways away!

No comments:

Post a Comment