I have been called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Philippines Cauayan Mission. This blog is managed by my parents. If you would like to contact them, you can email at lindalarson1598@gmail.com

Monday, January 5, 2015

Happy New Year!

I spent the whole year of 2014 in the Philippines and now it's over. WHOA! For New Year's Eve we stayed at our Zone Leaders' apartment and our night was spent playing countless games of Uno and we were also given permission to watch "Son of God". It was very...Hollywood, for sure, but I found it rather interesting and we had a lot of junk food so we enjoyed it. As the clock struck twelve we went outside to watch the fireworks and then finished the night with s'mores. New Year's Day was spent the same way as Christmas-Catching up on sleep we missed the previous night and hanging at a member's house.

New Year sup?

Other than that, I feel like I don't have a whole lot to say for the week. We ate the tacos that I got from the Christmas packages and we actually got ground beef this time instead of the tuna flakes that we've normally used the last few times so that was very good. I finished the Book of Mormon in Tagalog in last week so that felt pretty neat and was something that has been a good experience. The work in our area is still going alright but no investigators at church this week and still not a whole ton of success in finding new ones...

Tacos ftw

Anyways, I can't believe it's 2015 already and that I will be coming home this year but like I said last week: Remember Lot's wife! (Luke 17:32). Don't look back and let's make this a year of prosperity and joy. Happy 2015 to all and to all a good night. And year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment