I have been called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Philippines Cauayan Mission. This blog is managed by my parents. If you would like to contact them, you can email at lindalarson1598@gmail.com

Monday, December 29, 2014

Viva la Villaverde - Adios 2014

I just chatted with you guys a few days ago so I'll keep things relatively short but anyways, I forgot to mention we had zone meeting on Tuesday and after that, we had splits and I went with Elder Saguire to their area Lamut because I had some baptismal interviews to do. The interviews both well-the first was with an 80-year-old nanay who was awesome and had a strong testimony of the gospel. The second was with a teenage girl who was a little forgetful of some things that the missionaries had taught but after a few follow-up questions and reminding she was good to go. I could tell both had a strong desire and were ready to be baptized. 
 
We also had a dinner appointment and the member family's house was huge; I felt like I was in America! They fed us duck for dinner, cake for dessert, and we left with American candies (M&Ms, Twix, Snickers, etc;) for take-out so that was a nice early Christmas gift haha. Because of time, Elder Saguire and I didn't really have an opportunity to teach any actual lessons together but we still had a good time and I enjoyed it. 
    
Yesterday in sacrament meeting-since it was the last pagsisimba of the year-I was one of the speakers and I decided to talk on the story of Lot's wife. I'm excited for the new year because it is a great chance for us to start fresh and focus on what we want to accomplish instead of what has happened in the past; Unless we want to become a pillar of salt like Lot's wife haha. 
Last week we also hit up a couple sites here in Villaverde (a waterfall and a hiking to the top of a mountain) that were both pretty tight so enjoy the pics! Hope everyone had a great Christmas and also a Happy New Year!

 Started from the bottom

Now we are here 

Started from the bottom 

Now the whole team's here

Viva la Vida - 2015 be coming

No comments:

Post a Comment