I have been called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Philippines Cauayan Mission. This blog is managed by my parents. If you would like to contact them, you can email at lindalarson1598@gmail.com

Monday, June 22, 2015

Straight Hastening & Straight Clowning'

Another week gone by; ang bilis naman! Seems like I just barely had 100 days left and now I think it's less than 50 (but who's counting? Not me hah!) so that's pretty crazy. And I can't believe all of my friends are starting to come home! But anyways, it's been a pretty solid week for us!

Like I said, we've been focusing a lot on finding and this last week we were tearing it up and we had way more 'contacts' (meeting a new person and inviting them to learn about the gospel, usually by way of tracting or street contacting) in a week than I have ever had in my mission. We also taught more lessons this week than I ever have before so we're definitely staying pretty busy. So we've found some new investigators, continued to teach others, but the only thing is that as of now, we still don't have any investigators that are actually progressing so this week one of our focuses is going to be on following up some of those contacts to see who is actually interested and has the desire to come unto Christ by accepting our message.

This last week we went on splits with the Aurora elders and I worked with Elder Labrador so that was pretty solid. We also went to a funeral, a wedding, I was the substitute teacher for the youth class yesterday in church, Elder Monilla had to teach the Single Adults class and also both the people who were supposed to speak in sacrament meeting didn't show up so Elder Monilla and I had to fill in (two months in a row I've spoken when it's supposed to be the Relief Society lol) so what didn't happen this week haha! Oh yeah, this nanay asked us to give a priesthood blessing to her motorcycle because she wants it to be a safe motorcycle hahaha. I think I've seen it all now! I was too busy trying not to laugh and then Elder Monilla had to explain to her that we can only bless people and houses. 
So I guess you could say that some hastening of the work has occurred here this last week, but in the words of my homie Elder Wright from back in the MTC, it has been what you call clllownin. And lastly, to my good buddy Dave (Dave Larson, that is) and to all the other dads out there, Happy Fathers Day! Have a nice week!

#hastening

It's almost like I'm back at Rancherito's again! 
#selfiesunday


No comments:

Post a Comment