I have been called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Philippines Cauayan Mission. This blog is managed by my parents. If you would like to contact them, you can email at lindalarson1598@gmail.com

Monday, January 6, 2014

The Homie Aslan

Well my friends, welcome to the year 2014. New Year's Eve was great for us. As I said last week, we were permitted to watch the Narnia series because of its symbolism of the Atonement (first movie) and Restoration (second movie). I never even comprehended how symbolic these movies really were so watching them with these things in mind made it that even much better. Narnia is unreal! New Year's Day  we spent at member homes again and I have also been playing a lot of chess lately. I have gotten pretty solid if I do say so myself.

This week we were able to teach Tatay Amado for the first time in a while. He still asked a lot of irrelevant questions and seemed like he wanted to argue a few times, but at the end of the lesson, I invited him to church and that it could help answer some of the questions he had if he would give it a try. He said he wouldn't give a promise of when, but he said that one day he will go.
 
I was pretty sick Friday, but don't worry mother, everything is fine now. Dexter, Angelo, and Jessica have their baptism on Saturday so I am excited for that and since Elder Merza is our District Leader, we have 2 companion splits this week so we have a busy week ahead of us. 
 
I am so happy to hear some of my young friends already starting their mission papers and I'm pumped to see where everyone gets called to. I am also hearing of people in my graduating class already starting to get married, which is a little scary for me to think about, but congratulations to them as well. Let us leave behind the hardships of 2013 and start again with this new year. I wish a prosperous 2014 to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment