I have been called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Philippines Cauayan Mission. This blog is managed by my parents. If you would like to contact them, you can email at lindalarson1598@gmail.com

Monday, January 20, 2014

Transfers - 'A Whole New World'

Greetings to all from me here in the Angadanan area. It is part of the Alicia Zone, which is actually not too far from Santiago, my last area. My new companion is Elder De Guzman and he has been in the mission field for a little over a year. He is really easygoing, energetic, and really enjoys that my mother's maiden name is Hoki. We are always laughing about the dumbest things and got along great right from the get go.

My new companion - Elder De Guzman

There was only like 40 people at church yesterday so it is a pretty small branch, but the members here seem great and the youth here really enjoy fellow shipping-There were 6 of them that accompanied us in our lessons yesterday. Everyone I introduce myself and talk to is surprised that I have only been here 3 months so I guess that is a good sign for my Tagalog. I am hoping this is the cycle I become a pro in the language though, because Elder De Guzman is not that great at English, so I don't even speak it very much to him. We have had a lot of fun already though.

Typical 'Jumping Pic' with our fellowshippers

There are four of us in the apartment and it is pretty nice, so I am 2/2 with good apartments. Hopefully that streak will continue. I kind of like having four of us too. Elder Bangal, our District Leader, and Elder Hall live with us and they are both awesome as well. I miss things in Cabarroguis and Elder Merza, but I already feel settled in at Angadanan. Alicia Zone is awesome too-It is the biggest in our mission and also there are tons of foreigners (There is like 30 in the zone and I think only like 1/3 is Filipinos).

We celebrated my last day in Cabarroguis visiting the members and then the night at the Rueda home, our go-to party place. I will definitely miss the ward and area there and my tatay Elder Merza, because I learned a lot from him. However, I already feel pretty settled in here at Angadanan and am excited for this cycle with Elder De Guzman as we help the hastening of the Lord's work!

Last day in Cabarroguis

No comments:

Post a Comment