I have been called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Philippines Cauayan Mission. This blog is managed by my parents. If you would like to contact them, you can email at lindalarson1598@gmail.com

Monday, April 21, 2014

Happy Easter!

Hey everyone, hope you all had a great Easter Sunday! It was another good week out here for us. Wednesday, we had zone conference, and we focused on two things: We talked about our Book of Mormon Power Read and also 'Easter Week'-the final week of our Jesus Christ's life. I have thought I had a pretty good testimony of the B.O.M, but on Wednesday I got an overwhelming confirmation of its truthfulness. There is simply no way that this book can be false and if you have that knowledge, everything else-from Joseph Smith, to the gospel, and our church-just adds up. The same thing happened with the latter topic. As we discussed Easter Week, I felt so strongly the love that our Savior has for each and every one of us. Safe to say, it was a pretty incredible and spiritual day!

Yesterday, we had a funeral service for a 21 year old less active man in our branch. I'm not sure exactly the cause of the death but I think it had to do with a hangover or something..It was a little sad and crazy simply because of how young he was, but that is another thing about Jesus Christ's atonement and this gospel. Since we have the knowledge that we can live together forever with our families even after this life, we know that death is not the end of everything, but just a temporal phase. We don't have all the answers, but we know God has a plan for each and every one of us.

Dad, you asked about our investigators. We have a lot so it's kind of hard to talk about each one specifically, but the work is still going good. We had a lot of good lessons this week but unfortunately, none of our investigators were at church yesterday. I guess I can give a shoutout to Tatay Guillermo though-this dude is 75 years old but such a homie. One of the funniest guys around.  He is always telling me of all the Filipino 'chicks' that I should hook up with, but I have to explain that I can't because I am a missionary...It's hard for him and his wife to come to church because they're so old and their bodies are kind of weak, but our lessons with them have gone good and they actually did say that they hoped to attend some time.

Tatay Guillermo

Saturday night, Elder Hall and I colored easter eggs (thanks mom and dad for the package by the way). The two of us had a pretty good time but I guess it's not exactly a tradition here in the Philippines because Elder Pawin and Elder Mabini just wanted to go to sleep haha. But anyways, things are still going great here. That's about all I have to say, so have a good week everyone!

I liked the white one the best

No comments:

Post a Comment