I have been called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Philippines Cauayan Mission. This blog is managed by my parents. If you would like to contact them, you can email at lindalarson1598@gmail.com

Monday, April 14, 2014

#LDSconf

Holy cow. I love Conference. When I was younger, it was kind of just another old weekend but now, I can honestly say it is like my two favorite weekends of the year. After all, just think about it. We have a true, living prophet Thomas S. Monson who leads our Church today and during Conference, he-as well as many others who have also been called of God-give us inspired revelation and guidance in order to help us to become better in our lives. Listening to all the messages while being out here in the mission field, it truly is amazing.

One theme that kind of jumped out to me was courage and standing up for what you believe in. We live in a world that is falling away from the truth but as members of the Church, we have to be the ones setting the example for others because we know what is right, even though sometimes doing what is right is not what is popular. The other thing that really stuck with me this weekend-how many of the speakers bore powerful testimonies of Jesus Christ and the love he and our Heavenly Father have for each and every one of us. With Easter coming up, it is a great time to remember that love, and also the life, sacrifice, and resurrection of our Savior.

I could go on and on, but I'll leave it at that for now as far as the messages. But I do have a nice little side story about Conference. So we all watched the re-broadcast at the Alicia chapel. Which means that is where everyone in our whole stake attended. Anyways, we arrive at the church Sunday morning, and it is then I realize that I FORGOT my nametag. Typical huh? Luckily an elder in my district had an extra one handy, so it was kind of walking around as Elder Seuilli for the day. Which reminds me...since Elder De Guzman and Elder Loto'Aniu spent Tuesday packing up for transfers and attending to other final duties for their last day in Angadanan, I watched The RM (which I highly recommend by the way). It made me ponder of what I'll be like once I'm back home and not wearing my 'Elder' identity. Hopefully I'm not a complete weirdo haha. But I have plenty of time before I have to worry about all that...

Lastly, amidst all of this General Conference talk, there is another big thing that happened this week. I have a new companion! Elder Mabini is from Batangas (that's probably not how it is spelled) under the San Pablo mission. He is 19 (all of my other comps have been 22 years old so that's something different haha) and has been out here once cycle longer than me. Ironically enough, he was just barely companions with my tatay Elder Merza. And the two of them have the same trainer. So in mission terms, that makes him my uncle and we all have a nice little family tree going on here. He's a little bit quiet, but he's really nice and pretty chill so we have gotten off to a good start and I am excited for these next 6 weeks. 

I loved the quote that President Monson shared so I will leave you with this: "Perhaps we may forget tomorrow the kind words we say today, but the recipient may cherish them for a lifetime." Simply by showing our love to everyone through simple acts of kindness, it can make a huge difference. Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment