I have been called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Philippines Cauayan Mission. This blog is managed by my parents. If you would like to contact them, you can email at lindalarson1598@gmail.com

Monday, May 26, 2014

Business as Usual

Yet another week gone by. I hardly even remember what happened the last 7 days...Hmm, Elder Hall got transferred. Pawin's new companion is Elder Betancourt, who is from Virginia. He's a pretty chill dude. The four of us are already all pretty tight. This is his last cycle in the mission, so there will probably be a lot of partying going on out here in Angadanan these next six weeks haha.

This last Saturday, everything went well with our baptism for Jazel and Mary Grace. Let me attach some more inside scoop on my thoughts:
I may have mentioned this in the past, but when I first got here in Angadanan, Jazel was a pretty long time investigator and was kind of addicted to coffee. But we challenged her to give it up a little bit at a time and once she did, I think that was when the changes really started happening and she was able to take those step towards coming unto Christ and being ready for baptism.

It was awesome to see the changes that occurred within these two young women because of the gospel and the lessons we taught them and the spirit they felt. The gospel of Jesus Christ and this church truly changes lives. However, baptism is not the end of the road. We need to continue on helping them strengthen their testimony and growing in the gospel.  

So yeah, the gospel is incredible! Other than that...well I guess we are still just doing our thing teaching people and bringing souls unto Christ. I apologize that it's come to a point in time that I struggle to produce long, extravagant messages. But as for now, my mind is kind of blank and I truly don't know what to say. Sorry fellas..Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment