I have been called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Philippines Cauayan Mission. This blog is managed by my parents. If you would like to contact them, you can email at lindalarson1598@gmail.com

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Don't Stop Believing

Hello friends. It's been a pretty fun week. Quick investigator update:
Yesterday two of our investigators-Jazel (Paggao) and Mary Grace-attended church for the second consecutive week. The problem for Jazel in the past about coming to church was she didn't want to come alone but we recently started teaching her cousin Mary Grace and they have also both made a lot of progression in the lessons and we are hoping that we are about ready to extend them a baptismal date.

Exciting right! Anyways, this week we also had a service project with our district at Angadanan High School, hauling bricks and pulling weeds together. It is pretty cool that even though we see those from our district once or sometimes a twice a week that we have developed unity with each other; So Wednesday was one of the funnest (and yes I know that 'funnest' is gramatically incorrect...) times that I have ever had pulling weeds haha. 

 District service project

The other Angadanan elders had splits this week so Elder Hall worked in the area of Elder Seiuli and Seiuli came and worked with Elder Pawin. He is from Samoa and he is pretty sweet. I have never met a Polynesian I didn't love. They are so friendly and way chill. And they eat a ton haha. I hope I get a Poly comp sometime in my mission.

Earlier today we had a zone activity and went to the Aglipay Caves. Although they are close to my first area Cabarroguis, I never had the chance to go in my first two cycles this was my first time and they were pretty awesome. I've got some sweet pics but it's getting a little late right now so I think I will just let you guys wait until next week to see our pictures. But I will include a sneak peak-so we rode on top of a jeepney on the way there. The fresh green hip hop shirt made an appearance and with our hair flowing in the wind, singing joyous tunes as we went-from Journey (see also: Title. It's a good motto for us all in life!) all the way down to Soulja Boy-the two hour ride itself was a jolly old time in and of itself.

On top of the jeepney

Well Mother's Day is next week so I am looking forward to Skyping home! It seems like I was just barely Skyping for Christmas, so time is really flying by! So I am looking forward to that but until that time, have a good week everyone!

P.S: Happy Birthday this last week to two of my main men, Jeffrey Leon Hurst and Dirty Bouls Couls Rich. Love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment