I have been called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Philippines Cauayan Mission. This blog is managed by my parents. If you would like to contact them, you can email at lindalarson1598@gmail.com

Monday, September 8, 2014

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas

Yep, you heard right. It is now September and since the month ends in BER-just like the month that Christmas is in-holiday music is now in full force here in the Philippines. So it's a long season, but Tis' the season to be jolly amirite?

Well things are continuing to get better and better here in San Pablo. Yesterday I counted 18 people at church from our area (and that doesn't sound like a whole lot, but it sure beats the 5 that we have had a few time in our past). One of those in attendance was LetLet, so she is continuing to make good progression I think. 

Also, for the first time since I've been here, this last week we received a referral. He is a 17-year-old named Reymart who is the student of a member in our ward, and seems to have been very well-prepared to receive the gospel. We taught him for the first time on Saturday and then he came to church on Sunday. I've said it before, but it continues to remain evident that we can tract and tract and tract in order to find new investigators, but what will bring the most success? It is when we have the help of the members! Growing up in Utah, I always assumed that there was not much I could do in terms of sharing the gospel, but since I've been out here, I have realized that that is not the case! No matter where we live, who we talk to, or what we do in our everyday lives, we can ALWAYS set a good example for others, whether they be members of our Church or not.

After this week, I will have been out in the mission field for a whole year now and it amazes me how fast the time has gone. It seems like it was not too long ago that I arrived in an area that was really struggling, and now I've been with my anak for nearly a month and our work is improving by the week. I still love being a missionary so much and am so grateful for everyone's constant support and love. Have a fantastic week and start deckin' those halls with boughs of holly. Until next week!

YOLO

No comments:

Post a Comment