I have been called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Philippines Cauayan Mission. This blog is managed by my parents. If you would like to contact them, you can email at lindalarson1598@gmail.com

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Masaya Araw ng Mga Tatay

What's up friends? It's me again. First off, to my beloved sister Brooke, hope you had a good birthday this last week. But don't be too crazy being the teenage girl of the household! And to dear young Brittney McArthur, hope you had a splendid birthday as well! And lastly this coming week, Happy Birthday to one of my best buds, Miss Savanah Robinson! By the way, fun fact: If I was a girl, this last week I would have hit my halfway mark for the mission! But well, as I'm sure you may know, I am an elder. Holy cow though, 9 months! 

The highlight of this last week was that all of the Philippines had an area broadcast, which featured Michael John U. Teh of the Seventy and also Quentin L. Cook! So yesterday we had the privilege of hearing their messages. Elder Teh challenged us to be men and women of INTEGRITY. This is tested through our simple everyday acts. Also that we should not only do good things but strive to know the Lord's will that is specific to us.

Something I liked from Elder Cook's talk was his comparison of the sun and the moon in terms of the kingdoms of glory. He pointed out that the sun uses its own light, while the moon can only reflect borrowed light. As far us, we must be valiant in our testimonies and not used borrowed light if we want to obtain celestial glory. "If we haven't chosen the kingdom of God, the other choices we make won't matter much."

Our investigators with baptismal dates have had struggles keeping their commitments of coming to church so we will have to try to figure out how we can fix this in order to help them receive a new date. But Mary Grace's brother Glen attended the broadcast yesterday and he also came to our branch's mutual night, so hopefully there is some potential there.

As far as the pictures, well my old card kind of got corrupted. They are still on the camera; I just can't send them. I swear everything always breaks here haha...So you guys might not see those pics for a year or so. But I got a new card, so cross your fingers that something bad won't happen to it. And lastly, I guess Father's Day (the title translates to Happy Day of the Fathers) was also yesterday or something so S/O to my old man Dave! Thanks for all you Dad! And to all the other dads out there, just keep doing what you're doing. You're all great! The list of fathers who have been inspirational in my life is too many count! Have a fantastic week everyone!

My district homie Sister Pavino

The Angadanan elders-Looks like it should be on the cover of the Ensign or something right?
Elder Larson, Pawin, Betancourt, Mabini

No comments:

Post a Comment